Tuesday, April 27, 2010

My Love of Wallpaper

If you are one of the many people who think wallpaper is a thing of the past you are terribly wrong. As a designer, I still cannot think of a better way to complete a small space than using one of the amazing textured or patterned papers that are on the market today. I noticed recently that ads for homes on the market actually advertise that all wallpaper has been removed and that walls have a fresh coat of paint, most likely Benjamin Moore Navajo white. In some cases I can agree with them (old outdated and overly ornate paper), but generally speaking I think wallpaper gets a bad reputation. With the vast array of choices out there, there’s no reason why you can’t find great wallpaper that you’ll love so much you will have it up for many years to come.
I love using wallpapers, especially in powder rooms and dining rooms or feature walls. From natural woven textures to papers that shimmer because they contain tiny glass beads throughout, how could you not find that more exciting than paint?! Trust me, there’s something out there to suit everyone. Some of my favorite vendors to check out are: Osborne and Little, Schumacher, Thibaut and Nina Cambell.

No comments:

Post a Comment